Begin your Cave Diving adventures
This course is designed to help you develop the skills, techniques and knowledge for diving in overhead environments within the limits of light penetration, and to outline the specific hazards associated with cave diving.
The transition from open water to overhead can be daunting, but careful preparation, dryland practice and drills will ensure that you’re safely prepared to explore the limits of the light.
During this course you’ll learn:
- Policy, psychology and etiquette for cavern diving
- Gas management procedures & Decompression Theory/Planning
- Proper Equipment Configuration and Use
- Proper Propulsion Techniques
- Communication, Problem Solving/Emergency Management
- Cavern Environment and Conservation
The only officially required pre-requisite certification is Advanced Open Water Diver, but acceptance into this course without completion of an Intro to Tech/Tek Essentials certification is at Instructor discretion. It is strongly suggested that students be familiar and comfortable with backplate and wing configuration prior to enrollment in any overhead course.